A developer preview of Android 11 is now available, allowing application developers to start off performing with the prepared enhance to Google’s cellular OS. Among the quite a few new characteristics and APIs, Android 11 is established to emphasize security.
The preview, launched February 19, has new abilities for controlling access to sensitive information and details. Authorization selections are made available for privateness, and the OS has been manufactured much more protected through hardening of significant spots.
Even more, biometric authentication now supports a broader variety of equipment. BiometricPrompt supports three authenticator sorts with different degrees of granularity, including sturdy, weak, and product credential.
Other new abilities in Android 11 consist of:
- A new API allows an application use an full waterfall screen including the edges, with insets to deal with interaction in the vicinity of the edges. Applications can deal with pinhole and waterfall screens applying present show cutout APIs.
- The Neural Networks API (NNAPI) offers expanded operations and controls for developers. High quality of company APIs permit priority and timeout for product execution even though memory domain APIs minimize memory copying and transformation for consecutive product execution. Signed integer asymmetric quantization has been additional signed integers are applied in its place of float quantities, enabling more quickly inference and smaller products.
- New processes, applications, and release milestones have been additional to lessen system update impacts.
- Enhancements for 5G assist more quickly speeds and decrease latency. Present connectivity APIs are staying improved to get gain of 5G speeds.
- The dynamic meteredness API, which checks if a relationship is unmetered, has been extended to mobile networks. This lets application developers to deliver larger resolution, larger good quality, or much more details to users related to unmetered 5G networks.
- The bandwidth estimator API has been up-to-date to make it a lot easier to check out downstream/upstream bandwidth.
- New media and digital camera abilities.
Google cautions that the release is an early, baseline create. Downloadable from developer.android.com, the Android 11 developer preview is intended only for developers and is not advisable for shopper or every day use. An problem tracker has been established up to provide feed-back on the preview.